Monday, July 7, 2008

This week's research


For this week, I put the statistics of the Catholic church in Japan, 2007.


The number of Catholic educational facilities

In total, the educational facilities are 865 in Japan. The highest number of educational facility is 543 by Kindergartens. The second highest number is 114 by high schools. Then middle schools follow.


The number of Marriages at Catholic church

The total number of marriages at a Catholic church is 2,899. The number of Catholics is only 279 out of total numbers, while Other religions are 1,389 and Non-Catholics are 1,066.


Also, I tried to interview the Christon Cafe, but unfortunately the answer was NO.

I'm trying to meet a priest working at one of churches in Shibuya. I hope I can interview him and get his ideas like how he thinks about the Japanese wedding in a Catholic way at a chapel, etc...


I went to Kyoto last weekend and found the church by chance. This is the picture I took at a church in Kyoto.

No comments: